« KitchenAid KSM150PSWH Artisan Series 5 Quart Mixer | Main | KitchenAid Blender KSB560 »

Dyson DC21 Stowaway Canister Vacuum Review

dc21canister.JPG

When this came out a few years back we picked this up as we were eager to see how a Dyson Stowaway Canister Vacuum would perform. It was well over the 500$ price tag it is now but a few convenient features were evident right from the start.

As you push this around you will immediately be able to see the difference compared to an upright vacuum. It requires less effort to move around and has a lot of the features that newer Dyson models have to improve suction and aid it in maneuvering.

The ball technology allows for easy winding around corners in the house or around furniture, beds, etc. Once you get the hang of how it moves you'll grow to love the convenience of it compared to static vacuums that do not move, and features like this along with the powerful brushes for intense carpet cleaning are available with the use of foot controls.

The suction power is the same as any other Dyson. Especially with the lower brush, the power of the Dyson can clean the deepest depths of any carpet. If you are vacuuming rugs be sure to use your foot as leverage for these rugs so that they do not get caught within the power of this vacuum! Ensuring the success of the Dyson power is effortless, with the forever lasting HEPA filter and an easy to empty and clean bin.

Newer Dyson model vacuums like this Dyson DC21 Stowaway Canister Vacuum are becoming even more quiet. It is still a vacuum cleaner and will freak your cats out but for the power this thing wields you would expect something louder. As stated above cleanup is easy with the bin, though you do have to empty it often because it is rather small for the large amount of dust / dirt this monster picks up. Putting it away is easy as the cord is retractable and you can just wrap the attachments up and put it in a closet.

We have a pet related website and it is amazing because when we run polls for which vacuums dog / cat users prefer at any given time, over 80% are using Dyson vacuums. With persistent cat hair that is a daily issue, cheaper vacuums just do not have the power to sustain the amount of hair over time that is picked up, if they can even handle it at all.

There are many other Dyson vacuums that we have purchased over the years, but this is just the first review because this is one of the more recent Dyson's in our inventory and thus fresh in our memory in terms of performance.

As a certified and licensed carpet cleaner I came across this article and thought it was fantastic. This Dyson would do the job.

As a 16 year ranking certified and licensed carpet cleaning professional I would like to say I agree with your analysis

Hi,

I have recently started looking for a canister vacuum and have heard that the Dyson DC21 is an elite choice for this type of vacuum. Your article confirms this, I am going to order one off Amazon now!

Thanks

Gareth

I know the information in this blog is %100 accurate as a result of using the Dyson DC21 Stowaway Canister Vacuum myself
Since the purchase of the first (now 5) Dyson vacuum cleaner I have found that it picks up much more of the cat hair and does a MUCH better job all-round and in one third less time. I would highly recommend the Dyson Vacuum cleaner range to anyone

It has always been a challenge to vacuum cat and dog hair from some fabrics and carpet before commencing the steam cleaning. However, here in Sydney Australia recently many professional carpet cleaners have been making the "big switch" from their expensive upright vacuum cleaners to the (as I'm convinced) far superior Dyson vacuum cleaners as they simply do a far better job at removing cat and dog hair.

The Information in this blog is Awesome! My one problem has always been vacuuming dog and cat hair from carpets before you are about to steam clean. Thanks for your recommendations, the Dyson I bought through you has performed exceptionally for the last 6 months!

Investing a little more into a genuine trained carpet cleaning professional vacuum can save you money in the long run and have your carpets looking much better in the process because of the two following points:

1. Your carpets will not need to be cleaned as often because a true genuine professional can clean and rinse them much better than a less than reputable carpet cleaner.

2. Because the quality professional will vacuum your carpets using a vacuum cleaner like the Dyson, it will remove the harmful grit and sandy soul that steam cleaning can NOT and this will lengthen your carpets life.

These are just two reasons to invest a little more into a true genuine professional carpet cleaner.

I recommend the Dyson range of vacuum cleaners to consumers and carpet cleaners alike. I do this because I switched to the Dyson range some time back based on the extra performance, suction and all round better cleaning job it does.

Thank you Dyson,

Mark Bridly.

I have a Dyson DC07 that I use every day. If someone comes in my house and they notice some little trash on the carpet it will drive me crazy until I vacuum.

I prefer to use small vacuum cleaners. Better navigation and control over them.

Great advice given in regards to my overall health. Thanks

Can't beat Dyson. I don't have the Dyson DC21 Stowaway Canister Vacuum but an older Dyson Animal and it is almost as effective as when I bought it.