Sculpture in the Quarter Gallery

"Untitled"
By Eamonn McLain

I was drawn to this piece because it immediately gave me a very relaxed feeling. This sculpture was constructed out a very old looking wood that was stained to look dark. The wood really added to the relaxed feeling because it reminded me of an ancient forest. At the top of the structure sat polish rocks that not only looked nice but also reflected the light off the water making it dance on the wood backing. This sculpture may have looked like nice decoration you might find in a backyard but I felt it was more than that. This piece was much more personal than a backyard waterfall kit at Target. The sculpture encompassed the perfect balance of the three main elements that it was comprised of. The wood, water and rocks seemed to be in harmony with one another and if it wasn't located in art gallery you would believe that this could've been created by nature not man.

This page contains a single entry by Alex Kuettel published on April 27, 2010 2:56 PM.

The Best of All Possible Worlds was the previous entry in this blog.

Final Project is the next entry in this blog.