Happy Birthday National Anthem!!

The Star-Spangled Banner" became our official national anthem on March 3rd, 1931. That was 83 years ago today!

Herbert Hoover was our president and his signature on the Congressional bill made it official.hoover.jpg
The Congressional Action - 36 U.S. Code § 301 - also specified aspects of behavior to be observed whenever the national anthem would be played:

(b) Conduct During Playing.-- During a rendition of the national anthem--

(1) when the flag is displayed--
(A) individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;
(B) members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and
(C) all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and
(2) when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.

The words to the anthem were written by Francis Scott Key as he saw the flag continuing to fly over Fort McHenry after a massive overnight British bombardment in 1814, during the War of 1812.

The words were were published in a Baltimore newspaper and later set to music of "To Anacreon in Heaven,"ironically this was a popular English song. Throughout the 19th century, The Star-Spangled Banner was treated as the national anthem by most branches of the U.S. armed forces; however, it wasn't until 1916 that President Woodrow Wilson signed an executive order formalized this. To bolster the credibility and role of the anthem, Congress passed the legislation in 1931.

So, get out there an grab a sweet treat as celebration of the formal establishment of our national anthem!cake.jpg

We're a gaggle of volunteers and starting a brand new scheme in our community. Your web site offered us with valuable information to paintings on. You've done an impressive job and our entire group will probably be grateful to you.

Hello.This post was extremely interesting, particularly because I was looking for thoughts on this topic last Thursday.

Wow! Thank you! I constantly wanted to write on my site something like that. Can I take a portion of your post to my website?

This situation is amongst the most significant online I've truly ever visitied. the details are definitely impressive.

Oh my goodness! an amazing article dude. Thank you However I am experiencing issue with ur rss . Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone getting identical rss problem? Anyone who knows kindly respond. Thnkx

I would like to thnkx for the efforts you've put in writing this website. I'm hoping the same high-grade website post from you in the upcoming as well. Actually your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my own web site now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings quickly. Your write up is a great example of it.

I¡¦ve been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or weblog posts on this kind of area . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this site. Studying this information So i¡¦m happy to exhibit that I've a very excellent uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed. I most indisputably will make certain to don¡¦t put out of your mind this web site and give it a glance regularly.

Thank you for any other wonderful post. The place else may anybody get that type of information in such an ideal way of writing? I've a presentation next week, and I am at the look for such info.

certainly like your web site however you need to test the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling issues and I in finding it very troublesome to inform the truth then again I¡¦ll certainly come again again.

Forum Annuaires-gratuit.com, annuaire de sites web et moteur de recherche sur annuaires-gratuit.com/annuaires/ .

Hello there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it is truly informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels. I’ll be grateful if you continue this in future. Lots of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!