Imagine how one aspect of the past 100 years would be different if Archduke Franz Ferdinand had not been killed in 1914.

This week MPR is running a series of reports, a "counterfactual history" of the first World War of nearly 100 years go - examining what our world would have been like without this "Great War."

They are asking experts for their thoughts on what our world would have been like, such as:

• The Germany of the 1920s is not bled by the victorious and vindictive allies so the Nazis never come power. Europe would have been a more German-speaking continent.

• Adolf Hitler -- an aspiring artist and vegetarian -- never goes to war and never enters politics. Instead, he becomes the manager of a company that produces alternative medicine.
  • Jews continue to thrive, and there is no Holocaust. The small Jewish settlement in Palestine continues, but without a flood of refuges it remains a minority community there.
  • Without World War I, there is no World War II and no Cold War. Science develops much slower -- the U.S. doesn't put a man on the moon, there is no atomic bomb, and penicillin and antibiotics are slower to hit the market.

They are seeking comments and contributions from others - you may want to add your imaginings to the discussion.

An interesting twist to the 'what if's' described by John Lennon in his "Imagine" lyrics.

Would we have had a formal declaration of a "national anthem" in 1918?

Would we have had prohibition?

Would women's voting rights have been passed in the 1920s?

Share your thoughts with us, or with Minnesota Public Radio!

It's really a nice and beneficial part of data. I am content that you embraced this beneficial info about. Please continue being us all updated in this way. Thank you revealing.

Thank you for every other helpful web page. Where else may just I get that kind of info written in this type of great technique? I own a venture that i am just now running for, we have been receiving the appearance out and about pertaining to such information.

Someone necessarily lend a hand to make severely posts I would state. That is the very first time I frequented your web page and so far? I amazed with the analysis you made to create this particular post incredible. Magnificent job!

Excellent beat ! I would like to apprentice even as you amend your web site, how can i subscribe for a blog website? The account helped me a acceptable deal. I have been a little bit familiar of this your broadcast offered bright transparent idea

Your home is valueble for me. Thanks!…

I do believe all of the ideas you have introduced in your post. They're really convincing and can definitely work. Still, the posts are very brief for novices. May you please extend them a bit from next time? Thanks for the post.

Hello there, simply turned into aware of your weblog via Google, and found that it's truly informative. I am gonna be careful for brussels. I will be grateful if you happen to continue this in future. Numerous folks will likely be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

Its like you read my mind! You seem to grasp a lot about this, such as you wrote the ebook in it or something. I feel that you could do with a few percent to power the message home a bit, but instead of that, this is magnificent blog. A fantastic read. I will definitely be back.

Great site. A lot of helpful information here. I am sending it to several pals ans also sharing in delicious. And of course, thank you on your sweat!

Magnificent site. A lot of helpful information here. I’m sending it to a few buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious. And certainly, thanks to your effort!

You really make it appear really easy along with your presentation but I to find this topic to be really something that I believe I might by no means understand. It kind of feels too complex and very vast for me. I'm having a look ahead on your subsequent publish, I’ll attempt to get the hold of it!

As the warmer Summer months approach, we Perfect Replica Givenchy Antigona Print Large Shopper Bag 3801F Sale Online begin to close our eyes and daydream of paradise-like vacation spots – and very few can rival the beaches of Rio de Janeiro. Next month, Nike Sportswear will unleash the , featuring the Air Max 1, Air Max 90, Air Max 95,Perfect Replica Givenchy Antigona Print

How much Replica Christian Louboutin 8 Mignons 160mm Yellow longer does the Nike Air Max 95+ BB have left in the spotlight? We’ve already got shots of a couple new hybrids on the horizon threatening to take it over: and . Despite that its demise doesn’t appear too terribly eminent,Replica Christian Louboutin 8 Mignons 160mm Yellow, with colorways l

The latest??is one that’s going to have more guys going Replica Christian Louboutin alta boots 1.5-up than any pair in recent memory. ?Nike Sportswear got the ‘Essential’ part of this release’s name right because with a tonal grey suede construction plus a hint of melon up top and on the outsole,Replica Christian Louboutin alta boots, yo

Heya i am for the primary time here. I came across this board and I to find It really helpful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something again and help others such as you helped me.

{RKEY},{RKEY},{RKEY},Puma Suede Deconstruct Replica Christian Louboutin altadama peep toe pumps - SneakerNews.com,{RKEY},{RKEY},{RKEY} ,Puma Suede Deconstruct - SneakerNews.com

One of the key trends this summer and really every year when it gets hot is breathable footwear to keep you comfortable during the dog days. ?We’ve seen sneaker bra

{ Replica Christian Louboutin Alta Ariella A Talon 120mm Python RKEY},{RKEY},{RKEY},Nike Womens Air Max 90 Black Reptile - SneakerNews.com,{RKEY},{RKEY},{RKEY}

Late last month NIKEiD announced two new options to the classic on the customization site: a . And while those options cover the entirety of the shoe’s upper, the added a more?subdued?tou

{RKEY},{RKEY},{RKEY},Nike SB Lun Replica Christian Louboutin altadama patent peep-toe pump ar Gato Venom Green - SneakerNews.com,{RKEY},{RKEY},{RKEY} ,Nike SB Lunar Gato Venom Green - SneakerNews.com

The was recently revamped with a number of new colorways in honor of the – an event it should be quite familiar with considering the Gato line