Imagine how one aspect of the past 100 years would be different if Archduke Franz Ferdinand had not been killed in 1914.

This week MPR is running a series of reports, a "counterfactual history" of the first World War of nearly 100 years go - examining what our world would have been like without this "Great War."

They are asking experts for their thoughts on what our world would have been like, such as:

• The Germany of the 1920s is not bled by the victorious and vindictive allies so the Nazis never come power. Europe would have been a more German-speaking continent.

• Adolf Hitler -- an aspiring artist and vegetarian -- never goes to war and never enters politics. Instead, he becomes the manager of a company that produces alternative medicine.
  • Jews continue to thrive, and there is no Holocaust. The small Jewish settlement in Palestine continues, but without a flood of refuges it remains a minority community there.
  • Without World War I, there is no World War II and no Cold War. Science develops much slower -- the U.S. doesn't put a man on the moon, there is no atomic bomb, and penicillin and antibiotics are slower to hit the market.

They are seeking comments and contributions from others - you may want to add your imaginings to the discussion.

An interesting twist to the 'what if's' described by John Lennon in his "Imagine" lyrics.

Would we have had a formal declaration of a "national anthem" in 1918?

Would we have had prohibition?

Would women's voting rights have been passed in the 1920s?

Share your thoughts with us, or with Minnesota Public Radio!

It's really a nice and beneficial part of data. I am content that you embraced this beneficial info about. Please continue being us all updated in this way. Thank you revealing.

Thank you for every other helpful web page. Where else may just I get that kind of info written in this type of great technique? I own a venture that i am just now running for, we have been receiving the appearance out and about pertaining to such information.

Someone necessarily lend a hand to make severely posts I would state. That is the very first time I frequented your web page and so far? I amazed with the analysis you made to create this particular post incredible. Magnificent job!

Excellent beat ! I would like to apprentice even as you amend your web site, how can i subscribe for a blog website? The account helped me a acceptable deal. I have been a little bit familiar of this your broadcast offered bright transparent idea

Your home is valueble for me. Thanks!…

I do believe all of the ideas you have introduced in your post. They're really convincing and can definitely work. Still, the posts are very brief for novices. May you please extend them a bit from next time? Thanks for the post.

That is very attention-grabbing, You are an overly professional blogger. I have joined your rss feed and sit up for seeking extra of your magnificent post. Additionally, I have shared your site in my social networks!

Excellent blog here! Also your web site loads up very fast! What web host are you the usage of? Can I am getting your associate link for your host? I wish my site loaded up as fast as yours lol

Good day! I simply want to give an enormous thumbs up for the great data you might have here on this post. I shall be coming back to your blog for extra soon.

It’s laborious to find knowledgeable folks on this topic, however you sound like you understand what you’re talking about! Thanks

Hello my family member! I wish to say that this post is awesome, nice written and come with almost all important infos. I’d like to peer more posts like this .

Thank you for some other informative web site. Where else may I get that type of information written in such an ideal approach? I've a mission that I'm just now operating on, and I have been on the look out for such info.

I just could not go away your web site prior to suggesting that I extremely enjoyed the standard info a person supply on your guests? Is going to be back continuously in order to inspect new posts