final icons!

finaforGDsymbols2010.pdf

check er out !

Photo on 2010-05-11 at 15.22.jpg

ongoing daily journals...

May 2-
Followed the length of a crack from the ceiling to the wall when I was laying in my bed in the morning. I notice that there are a lot of cracks throughout my apartment- either on the walls, ceilings, even a big crack in one of the large windows in the kitchen...

daily journal #3 and #4

I think I've finally settled on a theme for my journals (now that we are half way through with them). I will observe different ways in which the house that I am currently living in is falling apart / shows age (it has a LOT of character...). Since I notice these attributes when I am walking up stairs to my apartment, cooking dinner, laying in bed, etc- there are various ways in which they can be different from day to day. I will have to backtrack through memories of the past few days and determine what I saw.

Today- woke up to the whistling sound that occurs between window panes when it is windy outside. so many 'w' s !

April 30- I was taking a bath and noticed the floors were very dilapidated and one of the switch plates was slightly broken on the top.

April 29- I did my laundry in the basement, and noticed on my way downstairs that all of the red wall paper had been peeling over the years- revealing the jaundice looking plaster walls underneath it.

April 28- washed dishes- had to fill up plastic washing basin in bathtub because hot water isn't working very well from kitchen sink

April 27- in attempting to close a big window- accidentally let it fall and it released a loud bang against the other piece of wood beneath it.

way cool

check this blog out!

http://kitsunenoir.com/

daily journal #2

as I have not yet decided on what I am going to specifically observe every day- I will continue to note odd things that occur during my day.

on Wednesday night at work, I observed that many different customers had strands of color in their hair... makes me wonder if there was something going on in town having to do with hair. I thought of making observations of customers every day, however, I do not work every day... maybe there will be a way for me to observe a common pedestrian every day ?

daily journal

memories from Tuesday the 27th
walk to school:
tripped on Snelling Ave

school: took a long nap between classes
no mail

walk home from school:
brought home blue stool , my shoe was untied and I tripped a second time but barley missed the ground

storytelling as design: images

ss1.png

ss2.png

ss31.png

ss5.png

Screen shot 2010-04-26 at 1.01.24 PM.png

ss7.png

Screen shot 2010-04-26 at 1.00.14 PM.png

sslST.png

storytelling as design: my hopes and dreams

My fellow classmates. As you may already know, I have chosen to create a booklet using Brief 1, on Travel. I will attempt to 'sell' my idea through a multi-media, aesthetically pleasing 8.5 x 3 book. Things I gathered from the reading assignment one were:
-TIMTOWTDI- there is more than one way to do it: meaning, if I create a solution to this brief, so will other people, and although our solutions will ultimately be different, we could both be effective in selling the idea
- I would also like to employ the KISS method, or keeping it simple stupid- method. In order to prevent my final design in not looking too busy, I will attempt to leave a lot of white space (or in this case, the color of the paper I am using) open.
- Rams' statement also struck a chord with me. (see pg 4 of 26) "simple is better than complicated"
-of course, using to the best of my ability different aspects of articulating design, is important !
From reading 2, or chapter 3:
-it's obvious I should be creating some type of grid that agrees with the space to ensure continuity
- column widths and font size play a huge part in getting the message across, no matter how subtle the chage
-Harry Beck's London Underground map is a beautifully engineered work of art !

neat-o

this was a blog Tate Foley mentioned at his lecture last week !

6a00d834cad15053ef0133ec4a2072970b-800wi.jpg

http://www.myloveforyou.typepad.com/

my mood board

I chose to base my project off of The Selby- and just by coincidence Tom Selby has a book releasing in May of 2010- perfecto... check out the site...

moimsdoasm.png

moodboard.pdf

http://www.theselby.com/

Recent Comments

• hayne081: the second one is cooooola read more
  • hayne081: I dig it. You should continue on with this idea. read more

Recent Assets

• Photo on 2010-05-11 at 15.22.jpg
  • sslST.png
  • Screen shot 2010-04-26 at 1.00.14 PM.png
  • ss7.png
  • Screen shot 2010-04-26 at 1.01.24 PM.png
  • ss5.png
  • ss31.png
  • ss2.png
  • ss1.png
  • 6a00d834cad15053ef0133ec4a2072970b-800wi.jpg

• chat
  • project process
  • reading responses
  • visual research