Utilizing the Blog is a Good Idea - Thanks - Dir. Lampa

Dir. Gertz and Dir. Marcy have some good suggestions about coordinating communications. I concur. Thanks - Dir. Waymire

Thanks!

Good work everybody!

This blog is like now already officially the most successful group blog I have worked on, and I'd like to thank you all for your contributions. You all rock and keep up the good work!

Header photo

Credit: City at Night on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

NSC blog set up

Hi everyone,

As I had discussed with some people on Thursday, I have set up a weblog where we can share the interesting stories relevant to our policy areas and others' policy areas for the NSC staff meetings at the beginning of class.

Rather than email people individually, we might as well just pool our efforts all together, hence the weblog.

You can visit the site here: http://blog.lib.umn.edu/lampa005/security/

To post to the site, please drag this QuickPost bookmarklet link to your browser's bookmarks bar (you can also find it at the top of the sidebar).

When you come acrossan article on the web that you would like to share with the class, click that bookmarklet while you are on the story's page (preferably, a printer-friendly version) and a pop-up window will appear which will allow you to post to the weblog. From there: follow these steps (it's really easy once you've done it once or twice).

1. First, make sure the National Security Brief blog is selected in the "Select a weblog for this post" dropdown box.
  2. Then, give your post a title.
  3. Then select the category or categories (click "Assign Multiple Categories" to add additional categories after the primary category). The categories are set up by region and topic area to mirror the structure of the class.
  4. The entry body has already been populated with a link to the article. Under neath this text, make a hard paragraph break (hit enter twice) and add your comment or indication of why this is an important article for people to read.
  5. Scroll down, hit save, and you are done! You can now visit the site and see your post.

To go back and edit a post you have already published, you can click the "EDIT" link in the post footer on the weblog. This will take you into the UThink system where you can edit the post and save it again.

To access the blog's admin backend for whatever reason, click on the "Blog Admin" link near the bottom of the sidebar.

Any questions, email me! lampa005