Proposal to use blog to organize information and discussion

In this week before we meet in class for the crisis simulation, we obviously need to be organized. Dir. Gertz has gone into detail on this and I agree with him generally. I've gone ahead and added some things to the blog that will make it potentially a very useful tool for us during this week.

By using new posts for new substantial proposals and using comments on the blog posts like Steve's simulation messages for discussion, we can keep everything organized much better, I think, than using emails. Yay for categories!

1. Categories (REMEMBER: you can assign any number of categories to a post)

a. Crisis Simulation - Everything should be filed under this category that pertains to the alternate-reality of the crisis simulation scenario.

b. Sub categories

i. Notifications - the messages from Steve

ii. Coordination - anything having to do with how we organize ourselves or connect with outside agencies, departments, and foreign entities

iii. Analysis - well-informed and reasoned conjecture about what's going on in the simulation NOTE: IF THE CATEGORIES DO NOT SHOW UP LISTED UNDER A POST YOU JUST MADE, SAVE IT AGAIN AND THEY SHOULD APPEAR.

2. Notifications - After you save a blog post, click on the "notifications" tab from the entry edit screen. Add in some extra text if you like, select EXCERPT or FULL TEXT, and hit SEND to send your post via email to the entire NSC Staff for the simulation, including Steve. Nifty huh?

If you don't have access to the blog, email me personally and I will make sure you get access. You get access by logging in with your x500 password after clicking on the large "Login to UThink with your x500 account" link at the top of the blog sidebar. If you have done this and don't see the National Security blog once you are in the system, email me and I will add your x500 account.