miniature salamander species discovered in United States

The Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources at the University of Georgia first reported and now the June 22nd issue of the Journal of Zoology describes the discovery of a new salamander species from the Southeastern states of Georgia and South Carolina. Initially found in the spring of 2007 by a graduate student from the University of Georgia and University of Missouri, they returned again in 2008 and, with the assistance of a 10-year-old son of one of the graduate student's, found the first male of the species. The salamander has been named the patch-nosed salamander,Urspelerpes brucei, because of lighter coloring on the tiny salamander's nose. The discovery of the species is unique for several reasons most strikingly because it is the first amphibian species found in the United States for 50 years. The species also differs from other plethodontids as it exhibits sexual color dimorphism (coloration differences between male and female) and that it does not exhibit sexual size dimorphism (size differences between male and female) typically found in other plethodontids.

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link