The Quest

The Quest is a venue located in downtown Minneapolis. It is typically the host of larger shows of all genres. There is a parking ramp directly across the street so you donít have to walk far. Once inside the only security checks are a metal detector and an ID check. This is especially nice, as nobody likes to be felt up by a burly bouncer. Inside the venue is really cool. I would say it resembles a large castle dungeon of some sort. There are bars on both sides of the stage and a large amount of room in between. At The Quest there is also an upstairs that provides a different view of the show. The only thing that I dislike about the Quest is their contract with the artists. They require the performers to sign a contract that only allows them to perform at The Quest. This is a huge disadvantage when trying to set up a show and invite artists, and because of that many local artists donít perform at The Quest.

Posted by lars1396 at 4:27 PM

The Triple Rock

Until a few months ago, I hadnít been to a concert at The Triple Rock. I was missing out. The Triple Rock Social Club is a small bar that has been around as long as I can remember. It is near the West Bank University Campus on Cedar Ave. I used to go over there on occasion, as some of my friends were big fans of the five dollar burger and beer special they offered. What was just a small bar, has now become a venue for music as they have purchased and renovated the building next door to it. The place is pretty small, has a lowered main floor, and an elevated back area with a bar. The quality of the sound isnít bad; however there are definitely some spots that sound better than others. Another complaint I have with most venues is they could turn down the volume just a bit (loud and distorted doesnít work for me). I have been to two shows there (Gift of Gab and Mr. Lif) and I would certainly recommend checking it out.

Posted by lars1396 at 2:00 PM