« Kenneth Feingold | Main | Comparing the artists »

Ken Rinaldo

Ken Rinaldo, 47, comes from a family of artists and inventors. Both his parents are contemporary artists. His French Grandfather Jean Vincent Rinaldo was a painter and a member of the Salon Des Independent in Paris. His Scottish Grandfather was an electronics inventor. His Great, Great Uncle was Robert Fulton the American inventor of the steamboat.
Ken Rinaldo studied biology as a teen, ballet in New York City until the age of 20. He has an Associates in Science in Computer Science from Canada College; 1982, a Bachelors of Art in Communications from The University of California at Santa Barbara; 1984 and a Masters in Fine Arts in Conceptual and Information Arts from San Francisco State University; 1996.
Rinaldo teaches interactive robotic sculpture, "digital imaging," and multimedia at the Ohio State University in Columbia, Ohio, where he also heads the art and technology program of its Art Department.
Here is Rinaldo's Artist Statement: I have chosen interactive art in particular because it encourages active, self determined relationships with a work of art and points to a co-evolved coupling between human, machine, nature and culture. The branching and joining of physical forms in my work echoes the behavioral flow and multiple directions an interactive piece may take in the act of self-organizing. I am compelled by open structures that define form but do not close the form off to the viewer. I use exposed electronics and mechanics as part of the aesthetic in proposing structural relationships between wire, circuits and natural structures. I believe it is imperative that technological systems acknowledge and model the evolved wisdom of natural living systems, so they will inherently fuse, to permit an emergent and interdependent earth. Symbio - technoetic can describe this philosophy.
View Ken Rinaldo's Work
View 2-D Digital Blog Website

I like that fact that he works in many different aspects of digital art, like his robotics as well as digital imaging. His robotics are somewhat like my artist Stelarc, who uses his own body to create art with robots.

I think that is so cool how he uses robots in his work. Knowing that he teaches robotics, is probably a big help in constructing his works as well. This really reminds me of an installation that I once saw...maybe it was him?

I don't think so :)

I have to agree with Jena, Angie. I also thought I saw one of his works, as well.
It was at the TWEED and I'm sure it was the "Message Slough" item that's on yer link. You press the red button and leave a message in a "plate" of lint. You could then replay the messages and hear what others have left. (Mostly "hello" or dead air). I thought it was a pretty cool work. Thanks fer the link to this awesome artist!

Remember it?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/admin/search/google?keywords=site%3Aforumlivre.com%20biagra
buy biagra [url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/admin/search/google?keywords=site%3Aforumlivre.com%20biagra]buy biagra[/url]

Howdy, i read your blog occasionally and i own a comparable 1 and i was just wondering if you get lots of spam comments? If so how do you avoid it, any plugin or anything you can advise? I get so a lot lately it is driving me mad so any assistance is extremely significantly appreciated.

You are a very smart person!

Was looking for information on that. I wrote it off as just another expense, but I'm going to examine it once more.