« | Main | »

So on Saturday I went to see a movie called Lions for Lambs at Oak Street Cinema. It was showing for free so a friend and I decided to go. I was excited to see it because it had a star-studded cast and it looked really good in the previews. But I was actually pretty disappointed with the film. The film was centered-around the war on terrorism and the war in Iraq, and took an extremely liberal angle toward both issues. Whether or not that viewpoint is correct or not I thought that the anti-government views expressed in the film were tired and unoriginal. The film did not tell me anything that I didn’t already know. The film structure was an interesting concept, as it had three separate plots that each occurred simultaneously over the span of one hour. But the movie was only an hour and a half and this was not long enough to develop the story. This lack of plot development caused the ending to seem very vague and abrupt. The movie had very good acting and a pretty clever script, but that wasn’t enough to make up for the obvious political rhetoric and flawed structure. It seemed to me like director Robert Redford was just using it as an opportunity to get out his political views and stir up anti-war sentiment. Luckily I got to see the movie for free, because I would’ve been pissed off if I had blown my money on it.
Lambs_first_poster.jpg