Free Podcast: Networking During the Holidays
The American Bar Association Law Student Division presents:
Business Law and Young Lawyers:
Networking During the Holidays
A free podcast.
Before you head home for the holidays or hit the holiday party circuit, learn how to make the most of social events and family gatherings in advancing your career prospects.
Some of the questions covered:
• How can I most effectively follow-up with contacts I meet at holiday events and happy hours?
• What is the best way to subtly ask a family member for a job?
• When should I arrive at holiday functions, and how long should I stay?
• How can I express my interest in a new position while not speaking badly of my current one?
• What is the best way to transition a conversation from social topics to a more targeted job/internship focus?
• What is the best way to find out about networking and holiday events in my home town?
• What is the most appropriate way to contact those people in my network during the holiday season - should I send a gift, a holiday card, an email, etc.?
• How should I best prepare myself to attend networking functions during the holidays?
• How do I politely decline invitations to events?
To listen to the program, go here.
Thanks to our friends at Touro for this post.