« How do you learn the unwritten rules of law firms? | Main | Department of Education Income-Based Repayment Q&A »

Tips for Strengthening Professional Relationships

By: Kelly Cuene

"Developing a network of professionals is obviously important to personal branding, as this topic has been covered on the Student Branding Blog many times before.

Just making new contacts is not enough, though. For your network to be effective, you must keep in touch with contacts and continue to demonstrate sincere interest in whatever is going on in their lives, professionally or personally.

To be honest, this is not a strength of mine. I love meeting new people and enjoy hearing what friends are up to, but I'm energized by being alone, not by being social. So if left to my own devices, I will more often than not choose to spend time on a hobby or hang out with a few close friends instead of being super social.

It's important, then, that I make a conscious effort to incorporate more relationship-building activities into my routine."

For the complete article and "tips to help even the non-super social individual build meaningful connections", click here.