Category "Introductions"

Fun photo

testpicture.jpg

Here's the answer to the question, "What does Stephanie do with her free time and disposable income?" This is Ellie and Oscar (Ellie is the serious one with the silly collar). Ellie's hobbies are carrying around her squeaky ball, raising the alarm when the neighbors come and go, and reading the Sunday op-ed page. Oscar's hobbies are patrolling for squirrels, vertical jumping, and reading the comics.

Posted by lawre035 at 12:15 PM | Introductions

Category "Introductions"

And it begins

Hey everyone, I hope everybody had a great summer and are ready to start classes. Your first semester is always a great expeience for you to develop the skills needed to be successful and to adapt to college life. I hope this class will help you along the way to having a great semester.

My name is Mike Traxinger and I will be the Teaching Assistant for your class. I am a Junior at the University double majoring in Political Science and Public Relations. I also have minors in Business Management and Animal Science. I'm originally from South Dakota where I grew up on a farm. In addition to being a TA I work in the Career and Community Learning Center and play in the Marching Band. I have been very involved with campus life and different organizations at the university and I strongly encourage getting involved in some way or another.

I hope everybody had a great weekend and I can't wait to meet you all on Wednesday.

Posted by trax0023 at 3:01 PM | Introductions

Category "Introductions"

Welcome to CLA 1001

Hello and welcome to the CLA 1001 Social Sciences weblog! I hope that you'll use this forum to introduce yourselves over the next few weeks before we meet as a group on September 7.

I'm Stephanie, and I'll be your instructor for CLA 1001. I'm also an adviser in the CLA Social Sciences Community. I'm originally from Denver, Colorado but have lived mostly in the Midwest since coming to Minnesota to attend Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter, where I earned a BA in Scandinavian Studies and spent a year studying at a Swedish university. In addition to studying in Sweden, I have traveled to England, Italy, and Namibia. I earned my MA degree in Linguistics from the University of Iowa and have worked in higher education as a teacher and adviser for about 13 years.

Posted by lawre035 at 3:01 PM | Introductions