2) I Love Winter
. . .Especially when it is snowing outside, like it is now. Apparently, this is the snowiest December in the Twin Cities since 2000. It's enough to give you some hope that George Bush and the other right-wing nut jobs are right and global warming is just a leftist plot to steal our precious petroleum fluids.
Some of the reasons I like winter:
- No yardwork (Yeah there's snow shoveling, but that takes a lot less time, even in snowy years like this one.)
- No mosquitoes (They search me out above all others from miles around in the summertime)
- Sunny days (We actually get a lot of bright sunny winter days in Minnesota, which is just gorgeous when everything is covered with a blanket of snow)
- That squeaky-crunchy sound that snow makes under your boots
- Skiing and skating (not that I've done either recently, but I like the idea that I could do them)
- The feeling of moral superiority I get as I, having already shed my hat and gloves. jog past the incredulously staring lone dog walker, bundled up to his/her (can't tell which!) eyebrows
- Watching suckahs get their cars towed for failing to move them from the streets on plowing days (Schadenfreude, baby!)
- Hot chocolate
- Snow! (Did I say that already?)
And my most favorite thing about winter in Minnesota: It keeps the riff-raff out!