« Tweeting... |
- Install Adobe Presenter and create an UMConnect account (if you have not already). Information can be found here: http://www.oit.umn.edu/umconnect/using/login-setup/index.htm
- Once you have installed Adobe Presenter in PowerPoint (the installer will walk you through this), you should see an "Adobe Presenter" option in the PowerPoint menu.
- To begin recording audio to sync with your presentation, open your PowerPoint presentation and select Adobe Presenter -> Record Audio.
- If you have your microphone and volume set up correctly, the "checking input level" indicator will turn green.
- To begin recording audio, press the red "record audio" button. If you also have notes attached to your presentation you can opt to view them while you are recording by checking the "View Script" box.
- As you are recording audio, click "next slide" to choose the current slide for which you would like to record audio.
When you have reached the end of the recording, click Stop, OK and then save your presentation.
- You can use Adobe Presenter -> Audio Editor to edit your audio as well as adjust the syncing of the audio and slides.
- Use Adobe Presenter-> Presentation Settings to change the title of your presentation.
- Use Adobe Presenter -> Preferences to add the name of the presenter. Just click
"Add" in the preferences window and then in the next window, fill in the appropriate information such as name, job title, email, etc.
- Use Adobe Presenter -> Slide Properties to change the properties of each slide. Use Control +A if you would like to select all slides and then click Edit to choose the presenter you would like associated with the slides (the presenter information you entered in step 9 will show up here).
- Use Adobe Presenter -> Theme Editor to change the options for your final presentation (how it will look when it is published). As you select or deselect options on the left, the image on the right will show you what your finished product will look like.
- Use the Adobe Presenter ->Preferences option to select the server where you would like to publish your presentation. Under the servers tab, Click "Add" to set up options for publishing to UMConnect. The URL should be http://umconnect.umn.edu.
- To publish your presentation select Adobe Presenter -> Publish
- In the next window, select the "Adobe Connect" globe on the left. (The server name and URL will show up as you entered them in step 12.) Click "Publish".
- You will now be connected to UMConnect and will need to login. If you have activated your UMConnect account (refer to step 1), you will see something like this:
- You can either prepare a folder to publish your content to, by selecting "New Folder" or you can select "Publish to This Folder" to publish at the root directory (to publish to the new folder, you will first need to select the folder from the list, then click "Publish to This Folder".)
- After selecting "Publish to this Folder", you will be asked for the title of your presentation, after which, you can select "Finish" and UMConnect will upload your Adobe Presenter presentation. UMConnect will process your request and give you a URL for viewing your presentation.