Invest in Your Most Valuable Asset: You!
Many people choose to invest in a retirement fund or other savings plan to have security for the future or lower their current tax burden. How many made the far less complicated investment in their well being and personal growth?
We invite you to audit your own personal investment practices and seek new ways to build your physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, and social assets. Just as you need to start now to maximize the gains on your financial investments, make it a priority to do something today, in the next week and over the course of the next year that brings you joy and helps you develop.
Use the chart below as a starting point, there's room to create and add your own ideas.
I Plan to Invest in My: Today This Week This Year
• Be outside
• Have a massage
• Eat a favorite food
• Go on a walk
• Smile, cry, laugh, hug - let it out, whatever it is
• Release guilt
• Affirm yourself as worthy
• Allow your opinions to be challenged
• Take part in a lecture or class
• Discuss a movie or book
• Ask questions
• Pray or meditate
• Seek meaning through self-reflection, religious teachings, or philosophy
• Notice blessings
• Foster peace by taking the high road when it would be easier not to do so
• Visit with family, friends, neighbors
• Offer a cheerful hello to passersby when you are out and about
• Host a gathering or attend one
• Volunteer, mentor a child, etc.
Explore all the investment opportunities that occur to you until you find something that brings you a meaningful return.
Self-Discovery Tool #25
Are the behaviors that you engage in regularly building your personal self-discovery capital? Are there some activities that are a drain on your resources, such that dropping them would give you more energy and time to invest in the things that benefit you? Be kind to yourself, be bold - try out some personal investment strategies and watch the dividends build!