- The Peer Research Consultants provide one-on-one assistance to students to help them develop the research strategies needed to find sources for an excellent research paper.
- We have drop-in hours in Walter SMART or in MCAE in Appleby Hall or students can make an appointment. Check schedule on the "Course Resources" tab or http://www.lib.umn.edu/
The Peer Research Consultants provide one-on-one assistance to students to help them develop the research strategies needed for an excellent research paper. They can give students an overview of using the libraries for research, formulating a paper topic and search, helping students to find scholarly articles, books, and more. They are upper-level undergraduates who have gone through 10+ hours of training on using the libraries and helping students to do the same. Many students find it very helpful, including International students.
- "She was very helpful when I was looking for specific information on the library website. She explained the website very well and gave excellent tips!"
- "He was very helpful in helping me figure out what I wanted to write my paper on and where I could find the sources. Afterwards I was able to understand my paper."
- "Approachable advising that assisted me with furthering my research goals; very useful."