- "We are no longer just consumers of content, we have become curators of it too."
- "If someone approached me even five years ago and explained that one day in the near future I would be filtering, collecting and sharing content for thousands of perfect strangers to read -- and doing it for free -- I would have responded with a pretty perplexed look. Yet today I can't imagine living in a world where I don't filter, collect and share."
- "In the past, I may have used this time in the day to read newspapers, magazines or books. Now I have just substituted the same time with reading and sharing news online."
- "Sharing has become a reflex action when people find an interesting video, link or story."
- controlled serendipity
And...Some Thoughts on "Controlled Serendipity" by Gary Price and Shirl Kennedy (aka Resource Shelf)
- "We also know that the real challenge is teaching users and POTENTIAL users that research is more than just tossing two or three words into a search box."
- "Other increasingly important issues? Personal archiving"
- "But when we harness the brains of savvy intermediaries, the odds are pretty good that we're not going to miss something significant."
How does this play into instruction? Great discussion could be had on that one. Partly-after just watching a Lecture Capture webinar from EDUCAUSE--I think recording our workshops will allow others to "share" our stuff and spread the instruction.