« Boyfriend Arrested for Suspicion of Biker's Death | Main | School Massacre in Finland »

Google Launched G1in Mobile Phone Industry

G1, The first cell phone running Google's mobile software, will cost $179 with a two-year contract with T-Mobile begin on Oct. 22 in the U.S., according to the USA Today report.

The phone looks like Apple’s iPhone, which has a large colored touch screen, a slide-out keyboard, and easy accesses to Google programs with Internet services.

Only 21 cities in the U.S. will be available to have the phone in Mobile stores, including New York, Los Angeles, Houston and Miami. The phone is available on T-Moblie’s website for people in other cities.

Britain will have the phone in November and other European countries will have it early next year.

"It's just very exciting for me as a computer geek to be able to have a phone that I can play with and modify and innovate upon just like I have with computers in the past," Serge Brin said, one of the two founders of Google.

Google is giving away Android, the operation system of G1, for free. Google is open to third-party developers to create their own programs on the phone.

Google is targeting its advertising network from the phone. The mobile phone industry was a tremendous opportunity for Google, co-founder of Google Sergey Brin said.

In The New Yrok Times report, analysts said that the G1 will accelerate two trends to have impact on the wireless industry: “the growing use of the Internet on the go, and the ability of consumers to customize their phones with their favorite functions.?

“The iPhone was a game changer from a consumer perspective. The Google phone may be more of game changer from an industry perspective,? Rajeev Chand, an analyst with Rutberg & Company, said.

The phone is made by the Taiwanese electronics maker HTC. The phone "has a 3-megapixel camera, G.P.S. navigation, Wi-Fi access and an Internet browser.? And it is sold $20 less than iPhone.

“We want people out there to use the Internet on their phones a lot,? Brin said in an interview. “It actually doesn’t matter if it is Android, the iPhone or something else.?

Sure, Android G1 is a hit but now Nokia has introduced the new N97. I think this one is the pinnacle. What say you on this one? Though I hate Nokia, but this new phone is just superb.

The G1 is an amazing phone, and it's easily customisable interface is user friendly and very helpful. Hopefully other phones will have the Android operating system on very soon.

Yes I agree that iphone has made apple to be one of the best mobile sellers in the world and I think as G1 has already launched that I will give it a shot. Great post Lee.