« | Main | Online Dating: what does race, class, sexual oriention, and age have to do with happily ever after? »

Sun Yung Shin January/February Events

Hey everyone,

Happy new year if I haven't seen you yet in '08!

I wanted to update all of you on my upcoming local Twin Cities poetry readings.

I'll be reading all new work, and all readings are free and open to the public.

Thanks! Cheers,

SY

----
Sunday 1/20 5 p.m. @ Magers & Quinn with other winners of the What Light contest / Mnartists.org / Walker Art Center / McKnight.

Friday 1/25 7 p.m. @ The Loft with Korean American poet Lee Herrick from Fresno, California (with his debut collection This Many Miles From Desire) and local Lao writer Bryan Thao Worra. It's a freakishly unusual all-Asian-Adoptee lineup--all of us with first books in '07!

Thursday 2/14 7 p.m. @ Patrick's Cabaret -- I'm hosting two stellar U of M MFA students / Korean American poets Katie Leo, also a playwright and performer, & Arlene Kim / for the monthly Writers of Color Reading Series through SASE/Intermedia Arts. Co-sponsored by Patrick's Cabaret.

Thursday 2/21 7 p.m. solo for the 14th Annual Fireside Reading Series through the Friends of the Library @ the Hamline Midway Branch Library, 1558 W. Minnehaha Avenue, St. Paul. There will be coffee, cookies and cider, provided by Ginkgo Coffeehouse. Supported by Micawber's Books.

Tuesday 2/26 @ 7 p.m. with Korean American superstar-poet Ed Bok Lee in conjunction with the visit of Korean Studies scholar David McCann from Harvard University. Sponsored by the Consortium for the Study of the Asias at the University of Minnesota.