six fives

I'll start this out with some Friday Fives from the past.

1. Do you live in a house, an apartment or a condo?
-apartment.

2. Do you rent or own?
-the apartment is rented, but I am subleasing for free....let's just call it extended cat-sitting.

3. Does anyone else live with you?
-just the cat.

4. How many times have you moved in your life?
-11.

5. What are your plans for this weekend?
-church, perhaps a movie date?

----

1. Where were you born?
-Tucson, Arizona

2. If you still live there, where would you rather move to? If you don't live there, do you want to move back? Why or why not?
-No. The architecture is all the same (stucco - no thanks), and it's too hot for human habitation. Of course, Minnesota is the opposite extreme.

3. Where in the world do you feel the safest?
-With one of my friends.

4. Do you feel you are well-traveled?
-I feel that, considering my background and circumstances, I am well-traveled; however, there are many more places I feel compelled to visit in my lifetime.

5. Where is the most interesting place you've been?
-The Clark Gable Museum in Cadiz, Ohio. I've never been in, but the fact that there is an entire museum devoted to Clark Gable makes me weak with ecstasy - and desperate concern for the state of human affairs.

----

1. Hey, baby, what's your sign? Do you think it fits you pretty well?
-Libra; yes.

2. What's the worst birthday gift you've ever received?
-My mom forgot my 16th birthday (as if I wasn't enough like Molly Ringwold as it was); to make up for this mistake, she bought me a Trio CD. Think "Da Da Da." Yeah. Rock on.

3. What's the best birthday gift you've ever received?
-This same mother threw me a "surprise" party for my 21st birthday. 32 of my closest family friends were there to share a meal at my favorite restaurant (The Cheese Factory in Wisconsin Dells). It was the best birthday ever. Irony: The Cheese Factory is a completely dry restaurant.

4. What's the best way you've celebrated your birthday thus far?
-See above.

----

1. Laying on your back and facing the ceiling, which side of the bed do you sleep on?
-As I sleep alone the majority of the time, I sleep in the middle, with leftist tendencies. But when I have company, I'm an either/or.

2. Do you have to have covers (blankets and/or sheets) at all costs, no matter the weather?
-Yes.

3. Sleep nekkid or no? Why?
-Nope. The thought of sleeping on sheets that I've been "nekkid" on makes me shudder. Plus, I get cold and need to wear socks and long pants, plus the gratuitous shirt - and covers.

4. What's under your bed?
-My guitar, my huge "Tupperware" vat of CD cases, a smaller vat of pictures, old journals, my "Shoebox Under the Bed."

5. If you have pets, do you let them sleep with you? Why or why not?
-No. If I can't stand the thought of sleeping on sheets I've been nekkid on, there's no way I'm letting a furry rodent-esque cat on the bed.

----

1. If you could eat dinner with and "get to know" one famous person (living or dead), who would you choose?
-Thom Yorke. I think that's obvious.

2. Has the death of a famous person ever had an effect on you? Who was it and how did you feel?
-Elliott Smith. Last fall, I was ridiculously busy with life and neglected myself - and by "myself," I mean self-care. The most therapeutic self-care habit I have is listening to music, and Smith was always one of my favorites. When he died, I didn't hear about it for a week, and I guess for some reason I felt a lot of guilt about not having been "up" on the news.

3. If you could BE a famous person for 24 hours, who would you choose?
-If I could be anyone else at all, I wouldn't want to. I don't think my life is easy or glamorous at all, but I can't think of anyone else with whom I'd truly want to switch places.

4. Do people ever tell you that you look like someone famous? Who?
-Yeah, I get Julianne Moore a lot. I've also been told I resemble "that chick in Charlie's Angels," who I later worked out was Drew Barrymore. What, you mean I don't look like Lucy Liu?

5. Have you ever met anyone famous?
-I interviewed Sen. John McCain when he was running for President in 2000. I met Virgil Hill, a lesser known lightweight boxer. I met the Queers, although I talked more with Joe Queer. Otherwise, the only other "celebrities" I've met have been local musicians, like Robert Skoro and Matthew Delfino (Stolen By Serious).

----

1. How many houses/apartments have you lived in throughout your life?
-11.

2. Which was your favorite and why?
-The apartment by Como Park in St. Paul. I loved it because it was in a great location, was laid out excellently for our living needs, was fabulous for parties/socializing, and I had the coolest roommates ever.

3. Do you find moving house more exciting or stressful? Why?
-Stressful. Because I have a lot of things, and it's tedious to move all of those things everywhere I go. I always end up moving mostly by myself, wearing myself out physically, etc. It's my least favorite thing in the entire world.

4. What's more important, location or price?
-Both are important. Price is probably more of a factor for me at this time in my life, but location is important, especially in a "city", in parts of town where crime is more prevalent.

5. What features does your dream house have (pool, spa bath, big yard, etc.)?
-It must be laid out well and be livable. Large living room and bedrooms are a must.

----

Well, that's enough for now.
Au Rev

Posted by leme0010 at April 28, 2004 3:13 PM