Problems with Storable.pm

I recently did a Mac OS X update on a computer that has my travian helper program. Now, what you need to know about my travian program, is that it is a CGI::Application program that uses TT, and Class::DBI (no comments on this please).

After my Mac os X update, I was getting the error: "Storable object version 2.13 does not match $Storable::VERSION 2.21 at /System/Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/DynaLoader.pm line 253."

Now while the problem *seems* obvious, the solution does not,  My Storable.pm was the most up-to-date version available from CPAN, and I couldn't find where/what was requiring 2.13.

On a hunch I tried updating DynaLoader, and then Storable. But both were already up to date.

So gasping for straws, I did a force install on Storable, (making sure all the tests passed), and behold, it worked.

I don't entirely know what the problem was, but I found the solution, and hopefully someone else will stumble upon this blog and find a solution that works for them.

This page contains a single entry by leonard published on December 24, 2009 8:43 AM.

Frozen Perl Schedule is up was the previous entry in this blog.

Merry Perl Christmas! is the next entry in this blog.