After my Mac os X update, I was getting the error: "Storable object version 2.13 does not match $Storable::VERSION 2.21 at /System/Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/DynaLoader.pm line 253."
Now while the problem *seems* obvious, the solution does not, My Storable.pm was the most up-to-date version available from CPAN, and I couldn't find where/what was requiring 2.13.
On a hunch I tried updating DynaLoader, and then Storable. But both were already up to date.
So gasping for straws, I did a force install on Storable, (making sure all the tests passed), and behold, it worked.
I don't entirely know what the problem was, but I found the solution, and hopefully someone else will stumble upon this blog and find a solution that works for them.