Moving along in a Programming career

Today was my last day at the University of Minnesota. When is the right time to move from one position to another? You might look as some type of logic like the rule of threes. I tend to agree that if you are not getting new responsibilities or moving around every 3-5 years, you are probably not learning and growing in your position like you could.

Since I started at the University ten years ago, every piece of my various positions and tasks were important in getting this new position. I am looking forward to the challenge of applying all the different skills I have acquired over the past ten years. 

I will start actually writing real perl entries next week, but in the mean time, when you are stuck with the crappy project that you just might be resume building.

This page contains a single entry by leonard published on March 12, 2010 10:54 PM.

Perl is still great, I just have little else to talk about was the previous entry in this blog.

Perl Legacy Code is the next entry in this blog.