coming home

sunriseCache.jpgWe started the day by getting a sunrise webcam GeoCache. It required us to be in front of the camera at 6:30 AM for the photo, but it was a beautiful way to start our day. It also marked the first time I saw the sun set, and the sun rise the next morning.

We didn't know how long it would take to return our car, or what type of traffic we would encounter on our 1.25 hour trip to the airport, or how long the car checkin would take or security. So we left at 8:30 for our 1:00 flight. It wasn't a rushed get out the door thing, but a "we're ready, so why not go now?". We got to the airport, checked in the car, which was extremely quick, found our checkin counter, and at 10:00 we got our boarding passes. We ate lunch, went through security, waited at our gate for about an hour, loaded the plane, and came home.

IMG_0182.JPGThe flight was smooth and quick. The pressure bothered Anna's ears quite a lot, but the flight was uneventful. 

We met the Geragi's at the airport, grabbed our bags from baggage claim, and then went for dinner at Perkins with them and my Mom. We gave our gifts, shared our experiences, and stories. Came home, showed some photos, retrieved Anna's Rat from our friends the Monge's house, and tried to relax and go to bed early.

This has been the most relaxing vacation I've ever had. I cannot believe how much I enjoyed spending all this time with my beloved wife.

This page contains a single entry by leonard published on July 7, 2012 11:07 PM.

Last beach day was the previous entry in this blog.

Rule of Threes is the next entry in this blog.