You say you want a REVOLUTION - well you know...

Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 10.05.57 AM.png

It's happening. The social revolution is here. After watching the research news presentation today in class, I was intrigued. I wanted to learn more so I "Googled" the video and watched the whole thing. Some of the theories it suggests make total sense. There were several statements that stood out to me, but the one below says it all.

"We no longer search for the news, the news finds us..." It's alarming because it's true! Most young adults are watching the TV or picking up a paper for news, they're online. And where is the majority of their time spent? Social Media. Steps_to_Maximize_Social_Media.jpegWhy should it be surprising to us that news is moving towards social media? Why should it be surprising that it will "find us?"

So - how does this relate to research? To be totally honest, I'm not sure. I would bet that this means more online surveys. Maybe Google+ or Skype will turn into platforms for focus groups.

The larger question is, "How is this social shift going to impact our world?"

Check out the whole video and the whole theory in Erik Qualman's book, Socialnomics.