3-D Pavement Art:

And now for something different: 3-D Pavement Art: Edgar Mueller - Ice Age/The Crevasse

"Edgar Müller - a Master of 3d Pavement Art - needed 5 days to the completion of this huge picture. Together with up to five assistant he painted all day long from sun rise to set. The enormous illusion is reached by applying the anamorphic technique to a huge pavement painting. Around 250 square meter large this picture is part of Edgar's newest project. He paints over urban areas to give them a different look and thereby challenge the audience's perception."

This is awesome. I have never seen such an optical illusion. I watched it for several minutes. I am going to put this video on my video list to watch.

This is quite an impressive visual effect. I have seen art used in various ways as a means to beautify urban settings, but I have never seen anything quite like this in my travels. clearly a lot of work went into achieving this. Thanks for sharing the video!

Dan

David Levinson

Network Reliability in Practice

Evolving Transportation Networks

Place and Plexus

The Transportation Experience

Access to Destinations

Assessing the Benefits and Costs of Intelligent Transportation Systems

Financing Transportation Networks

View David Levinson's profile on LinkedIn

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:

This page contains a single entry by David Levinson published on July 26, 2010 1:42 PM.

Semi-Quinquennial was the previous entry in this blog.

Cities tackle traffic head-on with commuter options is the next entry in this blog.

Monthly Archives