The International Symposium on Transportation Network Reliability is now on a semi-quinquennial cycle: the next (5th) will be in December 2012 in Hong Kong. This will be followed by the 6th meeting in Summer of 2015 in Japan. INSTR is thus the first conference series (to our knowledge) to meet on a cycle of four meetings per decade.
As host of the 4th INSTR, I want to extend my thanks to the following for making it work smoothly:
(1) The Center for Transportation Studies for donating the time and effort of Stephanie Malinoff through the long preparation period and Stephanie and Liz Erickson on the conference days. Also to Arlene Mathison for coordinating the website.
(2) College of Continuing Education for coordinating the logistics, in particular Catherine Flannery, Kristi Fischer, Nicole Freese, Tonya Walsh, and Sara Van Essendelft
(3) Brian Kary of MnDOT for giving the opening plenary talk
(4) Taylor and Francis for sponsorship
(5) Bill Hyman for helping distribute the announcement and encouraging attendance among those in the SHRP program
(6) Peer reviewers for taking the time to review the papers
(7) My colleague Henry Liu for co-hosting and helping with organization, and with ground transportation, with his student Sean He and post-doc Xiaolei Guo
(8) Restaurant facilities (Tea House and Campus Club) and the caterers for handling everything smoothly, as well as the Hotels (Days and Ramada), as well as the facilities at Coffman.
(9) Authors and participants for attending.
I hope to see everyone in Hong Kong.