Via JM: App for drivers detects and reports potholes automatically : " Developed in partnership with a local professor, the Android app uses the accelerometers and GPS technology in users’ phones to register when and where the user’s car has experienced a pothole."
Via TS: Will Handsfield @- Greater Greater Washington on How will self-driving cars change transportation? :
- They'll be more often in use, less often parked
- They'll reduce labor costs
- They'll expand access to transportation
- They'll be safer
- They'll reduce congestion
- They'll make current transit economics obsolete
- They won't last as long
- They can be electric
- They'll change culture
David Metz @ The Limits To Travel" HS2 [the UK's second HSR line after the Chunnel connection to London] is given government go-ahead.