Police rescued a 16-year old girl from a Saint Paul house fire on Thursday, The Star Tribune reported.
The girl was not breathing when firefighters found her in a second-floor bedroom filled with smoke. Firefighters started to resuscitate the girl and sent her to Regions Hospital, where she was then transferred to the hyperbaric chamber at Hennepin County Medical Center, The Pioneer Press reported.
The fire, which started in the house's kitchen, was reported by a neighbor who saw smoke coming from the house. The girl was the house's only occupant at the time, The Star Tribune reported.
The fire's damages total at about $10,000. Officials have not yet determined the fire's cause, The Pioneer Press reported.