Library searches just got easier
Frustrated by complicated search tools? Ever wish you could search the University Libraries’ rich collection with a tool as simple as Google?
Good news: you can. We’re proud to introduce Library Search, a new information discovery tool that lets you search the Libraries’ online catalogs or for journal articles. Over time, we’ll add more resources like locally-created digital collections.
Some key features of LibrarySearch:
- Google-like searching. Just enter a keyword or two and hit Go to get started
- Relevance ranking for results (or re-sort results by publication date).
- Faceted browsing to narrow your search results. Once your search has returned results, review and click the facets on the right side of the screen to limit your results
- Direct access to free online materials and access to restricted online materials via FindIt
- The ability to post reviews of items you’ve used or tag items for later retrieval
Let us know what you think and help us improve LibrarySearch. Click the Feedback and Comments link at the bottom of the page.