New web site feature: myLibrary
myLibrary is an interactive library page where you can help shape the information provided to you. myLibrary features librarian based suggestions for resources and libraries, easy access to the materials you may have checked out from the University Libraries, and spaces where you can save your favorite library resources like databases and e-journals.
myLibrary can be accessed at the URL:
or in the toolbar of the University Libraries main web site.
Currently, the page features seven content areas:
- Search and Find -- a search box that provides access to three of our most popular tools: MNCAT, E-Journals, and OneSearch.
- Search Key Resources -- Librarian recommendations for your subject or discipline.
- Subject Libraries -- Visit a library covering your subject area.
- My Saved E-Journals -- Save your favorite e-journals for easy access.
- My Saved Databases -- Got any favorite databases or indexes? Save them here.
- Checked Out Items -- Easily find the due dates for items you have checked out from the library.
- Use Statistics -- How myLibrary is being used and what is being saved.
In the coming months we hope to expand and enhance myLibrary to include more search options, allow you to rearrange the layout and add or subtract options, and even take your data and content to other services such as iGoogle. Also, the more people that use myLibrary the better our statistics and suggestions for resources become.
Be assured that it is the policy of the University Libraries to respect and maintain the privacy of its users. The University Libraries follow the guidelines set forth in the University of Minnesota Online Privacy Statement .
The services on myLibrary are also available on MyU.
Do you have any questions, comments, or suggestions concerning myLibrary? Leave a comment below!