A variety of training options are available to help you learn everyday tasks in Google Calendar and Gmail. Staff Education and Development (SED) is focusing on shorter, overview sessions now. Look for longer, 2.5 hour workshops, to be made available beginning in late August.
Google Calendar and Gmail One Hour Overview
- Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm, room 81, Magrath Library
- Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 10:00 am to 11:00 am, room 310, Walter Library
- Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm, The Pit, Diehl Hall
- Thursday, August 12, 2010, 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm, room S30C, Wilson Library
- Friday, August 13, 2010, 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm, room S30C, Wilson Library
Register at: https://webapps-prd.oit.umn.edu/training/courseDetail.jsp?course=LB0271 . These classes are filling quickly - when a class is full, it no longer appears as an option. Going forward, SED will continue to offer this workshop on a regular basis.
Self-Directed Training Spotlight
There are many self-directed online training options via the University Technology Training Center (UTTC). Go to: http://uttc.umn.edu/training/resources/google/index.jsp to see what's available . The following thirty minute video seminars offer training on common everyday tasks in Gmail and Google Calendar:
- Communicating via Gmail and Chat: Seminar recording includes information on basic tasks, such as composing and formatting a message, adding attachments, how to save time using filters, labels and starring, and how to find an email you are looking for. Go to: https://sites.google.com/a/umn.edu/glearning/description/lesson-2
- Using Contacts and Groups: Recorded seminar that shows how to create and manage groups in Gmail, and demonstration of how to send an email to a group. Go to: https://sites.google.com/a/umn.edu/glearning/description/lesson-4
- Denise Gamble, on behalf of the Google Migration Planning Group (From the Monday Memo, August 2, 2010)