« Minnesota teen birth rate jumps from 2005 | Main | Olympic lighting ceremony fuels protests »

Clinton says she will stay in race until Florida, Michigan are resolved

Senator Hillary Clinton said Saturday we will stay in the presidential race until the Florida and Michigan results are resolved. Her comments came a day after Democratic National Convention chairman Howard Dean urged her and Senator Barack Obama to end the race by July 1, said the Washington Post.

Clinton said she would participate in all of the primaries and even go all the way to the convention in August if necessary.

"I know there are some people who want to shut this down and I think they are wrong," Clinton said to the Washington Post. "I have no intention of stopping until we finish what we started and until we see what happens in the next 10 contests and until we resolve Florida and Michigan. And if we don't resolve it, we'll resolve it at the convention—that's what credentials committees are for.�

Her comments also come as a response to growing pressure from Obama’s campaign and his supporters that she should drop out of the race early to avoid a “party crisis.� With Senator John McCain secured as the Republican presidential candidate, he is able to campaign freely while Democrats still try to pick a candidate.