hedgehog

hoger.psd

Continue reading "hedgehog" »

The blue hedgehog

for my final project i decided to make a animation in photoshop. I really like making animations and i thought this would be a good idea for my final project. i went back to the themes in all my other art work, which deals with enviromaental issues affecting animals. I then decied to use a hedgehog as my main character in the story. I have a pet hedgehog named noodle and she is awesome so i really wanted to incorperate her into this project some how.

As for the story she first wakes up in the forest where she lives, and then go out to look at the view from her favorite spot on the hill when buildings begin to pop up all over. she then gets overwhelmed and leaves but now her home is a city, so she walks up to a building with a tv in it and sees a counting cartoon with hedgehogs (ok that was the origianl idea for the project but once it was done i felt it was not enough)... in it so there is a moment of happiness for the hog but then as she continues on she sees smoke and sludge and cars... so she finally gets tired and falls asleep by a tree and dreams of her old home...and its over :)

as for the sound i used garage band, I think it fits ok, but I have no music abilitys so making the sound was a lot harder than just creating the cartoon.

overall i'm happy with how it turned out