More Big News in Sports

Im sure all of you that follow sports have probably seen the big news about Jason Giambi admitting to using steroids in his career as a baseball player. I was not too shocked about his admissions. Last year I did a persuasive speech on why steroid testing should be implemented in Major League Baseball. Throughout my research of the topic I found many articles in which players admitted to using, or saw teammates use steroids. It goes beyond baseball though, Marion Jones, the world class track star has been said to have used steroids, as well as many other track and field athletes. One article I read had a doctor quoted saying, "The person that wins the race isn't the one with the best trainer or athletic ability, but it is the one with the best doctor." Whoever has the doctor that can clean out their clients systems the fastest, will end up being the star athlete.
I think its pretty simple, steroids are illegal in the United States. It is a slap in the face to former players who set the records by playing the game the right way, without any performace enhancing drugs. Every professional sport should have a mandatory steroid testing program.
Let me know what you guys think and what other information you have found regarding this issue.

Posted by lind1121 at December 6, 2004 7:57 PM