Recently in Visual Research Category

Just Tweet It

Just Tweet It

For my example I found a shirt that says "Just Tweet It" with a bird in the shape of the nike symbol. I thought this was funny becasue it takes a very common sports symbol and realtes it to a very common online blog site. Even though this image may not make as deep of a statement as the Iraq parodoy did, but I thought that this was a funny was to show a similar type of art work without the controversial meanings behind it.

International Design

Austrailian Aboriginal Art

This site has multiple examples of Aboriginal Austrialian art. It is very different than the art that we see here today. The designs look more like they are from a prehistoric time rather than a modern form we are use to seeing here. The images being used are austrialian aboriginal designs, animals and people. The colors they use in there artwork are very earth toned colors that you would likely find years ago. Since the images are mostly of native meanings to the Australians I don't think that people here would understand what they were trying to convey in there image. Most of the designs I saw were very abstract and had very few words. You really need to know at least some kind of background of the work to understand what they are trying to convey. The culture seems to have a major influence on the art work, most of the artwork is portraying something that has happened in there culture or something that they worship or believe in.

Fffffound

Fffound

I found this website to be very helpful for my visual reasearch. This website had a very large varitey of pictures and texts as well as meaning. On many of the other websites the meaning of every image was aimed towards the same thing. With these however they all had different meanings. With them all meaning different things it really made you look at the image longer and think about what the image was trying to say and what message the artist was trying to get across. I also like this website a lot and found it very helpful to my project because many of the pieces of work involved more lettering and more of a typographical feeling rather than just an image, which is what I have decided to focus on. Overall this is one of the most helpful websites for my project.

This page is an archive of recent entries in the Visual Research category.

Reading Responses is the previous category.