final logo cards

First song of the Day: Day #8 (5/5)

Today the first song i heard was:

Me and Charlie Talking
by, Miranda Lambert

This song always brings me back to my childhood and reminds me how innocent we used to be.

Me and Charlie Talking

First song of the Day: Day #7 (5/4)

Today the first song i heard was:

Adding to the Noise
by, Switchfoot

Every time i hear this song i just want to get up and jump and maybe add a little low key head-banging. It is such a fun, playful song that it made the beginning of my day great.

adding to the noise

First song of the Day: Day #6 (5/3)

Today the first song i heard was:

First Date
by, Blink 182

It is such a funny song that it made me be in a silly and joking mood for most of the day. Every time I here this song, I am always reminded of the first time i heard it having fun and jumping around the house with my best friend in middle school. Makes me smile.

First Date

First song of the Day: Day #5 (5/2)

Today the first song I heard was:

Just A Ride
by, Jem

I am starting to find it somewhat freaky that almost every song I start my day off with is related to what I am doing that day. Today I went to meet my parents for lunch in Hinckley and while on my way down, the first song that plays on my iPod was Just A Ride... a song that makes references to driving and moving forward or breaking down. I thought it was a great start to my morning! Not to mention it was fun singing to it at the top of my lungs in the privacy of my own car.

Just A Ride

First song of the Day: Day #4 (5/1)

Today the first song I heard was:

Aint No Other Man
by, Christina Aguilera

Today was yet another gloomy day, full of rain. When I listened to this song, however, it forced me to get out of bed and start a day of fun. I consider it one of my energizer songs. I also love the sassy attitude that is included in the mood of the song.

Aint No Other Man

First song of the Day: Day #3 (4/30)

Today the first song i heard was:

Umbrella, by Rihanna

I laughed when it came on blaring in my car because it of course was raining and i had forgotten my umbrella in my apartment. Lets just say it brought a little light to my gloomy rainy day.

First song of the Day: Day #2 (4/29)

Today the first song i heard when walking to class was:

Pirelli's Miracle Elixir
-from the Sweeney Todd movie soundtrack

It was a nice start to my day because it is a cheerful song from one of my favorite movies. I also thought it fit well with today because it is gloomy and rainy which goes along with the movie theme perfectly.

Pirelli's Miracle Elixir

First song of the Day: Day #1 (4/28)

I decided for my final GD1 project to blog about the first song i hear everyday.

Today that song was Escape (the pina colada song), by Rupert Holmes.
I always end up with a big smile on my face when i listen to it. It also makes me think of how fun it is to go jump puddles in the rain and for some reason palm trees, even though it has nothing to do with palm trees. It sounds like such a happy song until you listen closer to the lyrics. It is not just about pina coladas but is actually a guy singing about how he got sick of his girlfriend and put an ad in the classifieds. How can such a happy sounding song be about a guy cheating? o well i still love it!

Escape

Reading #6: ch4 Layout

After reading this chapter i have some ideas of how to layout my text and photos in my booklet. I am going to create visual hierarchy by leaving white space. I am also going to attempt to show juxtaposition with the imagery of a farm and industrial equipment. And all the text is going to be center aligned.