The maps located in the reference room 202 of Walter library are shifting this summer. A new Map page on the Science & Engineering Library website shows the layout which will be completed by the end of August.
New changes include:
- Topographic maps organized by 1:24,000 (7.5 minute) scale are updated to latest quadrangle
- Folded geologic maps are now available in the stacks Level F (books) and searchable through MNCAT
- Maps with supplemental material have been bound together and placed in the stacks
- Flat Geologic maps by country and state are actively being loaded into MNCAT for search capability (now available for most states surrounding MN)
- All USGS maps are still held in the reference room and searchable through the USGS website or GeoRef
All maps can be checked out from the library on regular loan periods and many are available digitally. If you can't find what you are looking for, as someone at the reference desk for assistance.