Web Reviews: Science Blog Aggregators

Excerpts from my February 2008 quarterly "Web Reviews" Column:
Science Blog Aggregators (February 2008). SciTech News. 62 (1), p32-34.

According to a recent article by Laura Bonetta, ‚ÄúScientists Enter the Blogosphere‚Ä? (Cell, 2 May 2007), of the 50 million blogs updated regularly, about 1000 actually ‚Äúprovide authoritative opinions about pressing issues in science.‚Ä? Who has the time to keep up with this incredible source of information and valuable exchange of informed opinions? This is why I love blog aggregators. These handy sites compile the latest postings from your favorite bloggers and ideally truncate them into a quick, painless jolt of information which makes scanning the blogosphere easy. But like most web entities, they each differ in their selectivity and ranking, and often times a little prep work goes into setting personal criteria for the science and technology news you are looking for. There is still too much information out there, but now at least I can catch some of it....
Download Full text or try the reviewed sites for yourself (Recommended in bold):

Science Blog Aggregators

ScienceBlogs Postgenomic Method> Science Blog Planet Nature Nature Network QuackTrack

Create Your Own Aggregator

Yahoo! Pipes

Science News Aggregators

Digg Science Slashdot Science

Blog Search Engines

Technorat Google Blog Search Blogdigger

I am not very excellent with English but I line up this really easy to translate.

I was just seeking this info for some time. After 6 hours of continuous Googleing, finally I got it in your website. I wonder what's the lack of Google strategy that do not rank this kind of informative web sites in top of the list. Normally the top websites are full of garbage.