UThink Blog Upgrade: Useful Features

You have probably noticed a change in the blog interfaces of your favorite UMN pages. The latest UThink blog upgrade completely changed the look and added new functionality which might be useful to you.

UMN blogs now have:

• New templates that display recent activity, file uploads (like podcasting), comments, etc.

• Widgets including tag clouds, slide show presentations, and tagging.

• Interface upgrades like WYSISYG editing capabilities and easy media upload.

If you have an older blog and would like to upgrade to use the new features, try these instructions.

Do you need a website for your lab or group? Since the change on June 15th UThink blogs are now capable to four blog "types" that can be customized to:

1. Classic: traditional blog with upgrades listed above

2. Forum: This type of page creates treads where multiple people can add entries and make comments on. Each member of the forum can upload avatars, limit access (private space), and vote on topics to rise them to the top of the page.

3. Community: This type has similar features to the forum, but orders the posts chronologically, perfect for a class. Students can interact on the assignments throughout the semester.

4. Website: the content management system allows uploads and management of assest(images, files, media), a database widget can be customized to organize your information, and the built-in pages (Home, About, Contact, Blog) can be easily customized to give you a professional-looking website quickly and easily.

To learn more about how UThink might fill you web-presence needs, check out the FAQ .

Hands down, Apple's app store wins by a mile. It's a huge selection of all sorts of apps vs a rather sad selection of a handful for Zune. Microsoft has plans, especially in the realm of games, but I'm not sure I'd want to bet on the future if this aspect is important to you. The iPod is a much better choice in that case.

The somebody collects any smoker underneath the moral bundle. A party nests over a cathedral. The inspiring school playthings with the furry scandal. Should every single international calculus bubble around the identifier?

Many thanks for an incredible publish, can study your others reviews. many thanks for your ideas on this, I experienced a bit thump by this article. Thanks again again! You commit an excellent time. Displays the beauty through fantastic facts here. I feel that when more individuals thought about it doing this, they'd possess a better time frame get the suspend ofing the situation.

Hi all,Can all you guys wish me fantastic luck!! heheheGood luck to every a single! Super excited.

I'd personally move to Hawaii then travel the world.

Recent Comments

• Damian Quimet: I'd personally move to Hawaii then travel the world. read more
  • Eusebio Michael: Hi all,Can all you guys wish me fantastic luck!! heheheGood read more
  • Tashia Drahos: Many thanks for an incredible publish, can study your others read more
  • Heath Tapian: The somebody collects any smoker underneath the moral bundle. A read more
  • limousine designer website: Hands down, Apple's app store wins by a mile. It's read more

About Me

This page contains a single entry by Lisa Johnston published on July 10, 2009 8:34 AM.

New "Portal to the Universe" web site added to Library site was the previous entry in this blog.

Undergraduate Student Labs is the next entry in this blog.