AIP's UniPHY social network + UMN Librarian Spotlight

AIP recently unveiled their social networking platform called: UniPHY. This network runs on a Collexus-based collaborative virtual environment. Collexus also runs www.biomedexperts.com.

According to AIP UniPHY enables physical scientists to connect with over 200,000 colleagues from more than 100 countries. The site:
  • Enables physical scientists to analyze the profiles of more than 200,000 colleagues
  • Allows researchers to explore their personal networks - starting with their direct co-authors and moving on to the co-authors of their co-authors
  • Lets researchers identify and connect directly with individuals whose expertise they may need in future collaborations

Take a look at this platform for connecting with colleagues. I think the one main drawback is this network only combines articles, references and authors which have published in AIP journals. Therefore all of your work outside of these will not be added to your profile automatically. And "puni" is in the url...not sure they saw that :)

Also, check out the interview AIP conducted on YOUR physics and astronomy librarian:
There you will get an idea of some of the things I've been working on!

From the Stacks: An interview with Lisa Johnston, the Physics, Astronomy and Geology
Librarian at the University of Minnesota

Heya i'm for the first time here. I came across this board and I in finding It really useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give one thing again and aid others like you aided me.