On May 19 and 20 we held a library seminar for faculty and instructors in IT. Fourteen faculty and staff members attended a day and a half event that covered a wide variety of library tools and resources that could be incorporated into teaching, learning and research.
If you weren't able to attend, you can watch the recorded versions of the presentations at http://sciweb.lib.umn.edu/facultyseminar2010/.
In addition, we have
included information and links based on questions we received during
- Transforming Scholarly Communication: http://www.lib.umn.edu/scholcom/
- Sherpa RoMEO to search publisher copyright policies & self-archiving: http://www.sherpa.ac.uk/romeo/
- CIC/University of Minnesota Author's Addendum: http://www.lib.umn.edu/scholcom/CICAuthorsRights.pdf
- Libraries Copyright page: http://www.lib.umn.edu/copyright/
- SMART Learning Commons: http://smart.umn.edu/
- Peer Research Consultants: http://www.lib.umn.edu/services/prc/about
- Course and Electronic Reserves: http://www.lib.umn.edu/services/reserves
- Clickers (Student Response System): http://dmc.umn.edu/technologies/srs.shtml
- Slides presented by IT Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs, Paul Strykowski.
If you're interested in learning more please visit the site!