Government had a right to Josh Wolf footage

by DANIELLE ARCAND

While I understand that Wolf didn't hand over his footage of the demonstration in San Francisco because he wanted to stand up for his rights as a journalist, I believe that since there could have been evidence of crime he should have given the government his footage. If there wasn't a concern of crime on the video, Wolf would have been in the right.

Many people supported Wolf. The society of Professional Journalists awarded him with a Journalist of the Year award. The Rise Up Network Legal Fund also supported Wolf. They held a benefit to help free him and the media in 2006.

Some would say that a blog is not a legitimate news source because it has no connection to a legitimate news publication. But what, exactly, is a legitimate news publication? I believe that it is up to the reader to decide whether or not what they are reading is reliable. It is a great skill to be able to research current events and determine on your own their validity, rather than blindly following a news publication.

This page contains a single entry by Jour 2101 published on November 21, 2010 3:05 PM.

Online posts do not make Josh Wolf a journalist was the previous entry in this blog.

Getting the truth out means Josh Wolf a journalist is the next entry in this blog.