Princeton falls to the Knights at home

by JARRED PETERSON

PRINCETON, Minn. - In another disappointing loss at the last game at home on Oct. 15, the winless Princeton Tigers fell 6-27 to the St. Michael-Albertville Knights (4-2-0) after a putting the first points on the board all season.

"I was overall pleased with the outcome of the game. I feel that it was one of the first games that our team played together. We were able to execute our game plans," said
Wide receiver and defensive end Domenic Fraboni.

The Tigers defense started out strong allowing no points on the board in the first quarter. The hometown crowd was on its feet for the team's last regular season game at Princeton High School Stadium. Princeton was looking to break its 0-6-0 losing streak.

Quarterback Derek VanSlyke was red-hot starting the second quarter, finding wide receiver, John Jedneak for a 17-yard pass in the end zone. While the game was looking up kicker Blake Humphrey missed the extra point.

VanSlyke was happy he hooked up with Jedneak. "I'm always a person that likes to score first, because that makes me feel like we have a huge advantage. VanSkyle said. "And I can't say enough about John and how reliable he is."

The St. Michael-Albertville Knights took control toward the end of the second quarter, with quarterback Jared Moran throwing an 89-yard pass to wide receiver Keith Arns for a touchdown. Ending the first half with the biggest play of the game, the Knights continued to dominate the game into the second half with three more touchdowns.

It was a rough second half for Princeton to say the least. Defensive end and offensive tackle Karl Eichinger suffered a minor knee injury early in the fourth quarter during a kick-off.

Fraboni tilted his hat to the other team. "I think they played really well, especially in the second half," he said.

With the season coming to end, VanSlyke hopes to add to their statistics. "I would have to get about 300 yards passing and I think it's possible," VanSkyle said. "Also, I would love to accomplish our first win of the season."

The Tiger will take their 0-7-0 record and head to the 6-1-0 Becker Bulldogs next week. With plenty of young talent on the team, the Tigers hope to work more as a "team" instead of individual performers for the rest of the season.

This page contains a single entry by Jour 2101 published on November 21, 2010 3:15 PM.

Getting the truth out means Josh Wolf a journalist was the previous entry in this blog.

Josh Wolf a journalist; blog not credible news source is the next entry in this blog.