« SOD RefWorks Account Tracks Publications | Main | Begin 2006 by Learning a New Skill »

Current Contents to Be Replaced

Effective January 1, 2006, the University Libraries will be canceling its subscription to the Current Contents database.

Why the change?

All of the data in Current Contents is available in another database from the Institute for Scientific Information (ISI), Web of Science, to which the Libraries already subscribe. Web of Science includes Arts & Humanities Citation Index, Science Citation Index, and Social Sciences Citation Index. The cost for what is essentially a duplicate subscription can no longer be justified; the Libraries will be applying the annual subscription cost of $19,952 toward other databases, such as the Chronicle of Higher Education and ISI�s Essential Science Indicators (an analytical tool that offers data for ranking scientists, institutions, countries, and journals).

What will happen to the regular email alert I get with new Current Contents citations?

The Web of Science database offers a similar alerting service. If you have an existing alert profile, you can set up your own new alert in Web of Science, or a librarian can help you set up a new profile. Library patrons with Current Content AutoAlerts or saved searches will want to move them to the ISI Web of Science system before January 1. ISI calls their weekly updates ALERTS. Current Contents alert recipients will be contacted directly with more detailed information on this conversion process.

Please note that email alerts set up on other BioMedSearch databases, such as BIOSIS, CINAHL, and MEDLINE, will continue without interruption.

Workshops will be held to assist users in making this transition. A schedule of these workshops will be published in the near future. Help guides will also be made available.

Where can I go for more help?

Setting up an alert in Web of Science:
http://www.lib.umn.edu/site/wosalert.phtml

or attend our workshop:

Setting Up Auto-Alerts: Web of Science, PubMed and OVID on January 3, 2006 at 2:00-3:00pm in the AHC Learning Commons (5th floor Diehl Hall). This workshop will demonstrate how to set up (or revise) an auto-alert, whether it is for receiving email alerts for selected journal Table of Contents (TOC), subject search updates, or receiving notifications when targeted articles are cited in the literature. The workshop will be especially helpful if you were a Current Contents user and need to re-establish your alerts. Databases covered will include ISI Web of Science, PubMed, and OVID.

Register for this workshop

lwZlor http://www.QS3PE5ZGdxC9IoVKTAPT2DBYpPkMKqfz.com

Could I have an application form? cipralex sleeping tablets The sighting deck was surrounded by portholes, providing a good photographic vantage point. I had never seen my hometown from such a perspective. Flying in to land at Madrid’s Barajas airport does not provide the same view, as the landing route doesn’t take them over the center of the city.

I'd like a phonecard, please cheap fluconazole good luck with that, over 95% (about 3 billion) is given to Israel and can only be spent on the US military industrial complex. So yeah it really is a subsidy to US manufacturers of military exports.

An estate agents buy amoxicillin in usa T-Mobile will begin selling the LG G2 in stores on Sept. 25. T-Mobile is offering the LG G2 in white and black, whereas Verizon customers will have an exclusive model with a differently designer rear shell, and a metallic “rear key” (back power and volume rocker) in addition to exclusive wireless charging for the device. 

Your cash is being counted accurate participate how can i get a private prescription for clomid in the uk mast Mr Lapshyn, who comes from the eastern Ukrainian city of Dnipropetrovsk, appeared in the dock at Westminster Magistrates' Court flanked by three police officers. He was dressed in black and only spoke to confirm his name and date of birth as 12 March 1988.

very best job chances of twins on clomid 50mg Reacting to further fuel for anger: Greece’s parliament has approved taking legal action against George Papaconstantinou, who was finance minister from 2009-2011. Following an investigation, the members voted in favour of lifting his immunity from prosecution for having allegedly acting inappropriately with a list of supposed tax evaders while he was minister.

International directory enquiries Ampicillin 500 But Hasan told Osborn that he would not mind if it were shared with prosecutors, who this morning asked Osborn about the media release. “I effectively waive my privilege,” Hasan said. Asked again if he wished to share it with prosecutors, Hasan replied “I released it to the media, so yes.”

I'm in my first year at university renting albendazole buy uk troubled contented Though "Covert Affairs" no longer seems quite such a fantasy, at least when measured against the second season of Showtime's "Homeland" (which, honestly, I continued to enjoy even as it grew more and more far-fetched).

Best Site good looking http://weddingsbyparis.com/me/prici generic diflucan online Lori said he expected no changes in the bishops' push for broader religious exemptions from the contraception coverage rule in the Affordable Care Act. Dozens of Catholic charities and dioceses, along with evangelical colleges and others, are suing the Obama administration over the regulation. The bishops say the provision violates the religious freedom of faith-based nonprofits and for-profit employers.

I'm at Liverpool University opening buy vermox online detrimental melon “Scientifically it’s a major milestone, but also historically—this is one of those journeys of exploration like circumnavigating the globe for the first time or having a footprint on the Moon for the first time. This is the first time we’ve begun to explore the space between the stars,” Professor Ed Stone, the chief scientist on the venture, told BBC News. Stone said that the team had launched the Voyager spacecraft over 40 years ago with the hope that it would go into interstellar space.

I'm interested in this position http://www.kaslodesign.com/web.htm buy bimatoprost without prescription But the authority has experimented with sponsorships in the past. In 2009 it changed the name of a major Brooklyn hub to "Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center," after the British banking firm put its name on the new arena for the Brooklyn Nets.

What do you study? benoquin monobenzone cream The University of Florida, where Hernandez played in college, said it is removing all references to him in and around the stadium in Gainesville. The University Athletic Association said in a statement it "didn't feel it was appropriate to celebrate" the former Gator.