« Fascinating New Research into the Origins of Dentistry | Main | Dentistry Journals - Moving from Print to Electronic »

Faculty of 1000 Trial

The Libraries are currently conducting a trial of BioMedCentral’s "Faculty of 1000 Biology" and "Faculty of 1000 Medicine" products. These literature tools "highlight and review the most interesting papers published in the biological sciences and medicine, based on the recommendations of a faculty of well over 1000 selected leading researchers in each field." Currently 24 U of M faculty are F1000 reviewers.

The trials are available at www.f1000biology.com and www.f1000medicine.com through June 8.

Current users have found the Faculty of 1000 products useful in prioritizing their reading of the literature, particularly researchers entering interdisciplinary areas where they may be less familiar with "what’s important" in the crossover field. The products can also be a valuable tool in graduate and undergraduate education, helping to steer students towards high quality and/or novel articles for journal club presentations, class research papers, and other needs. The reviewer comments can also be helpful in demonstrating the peer review process, traditionally out of view of students and trainee scientists until they author papers.

In addition to searching for articles on the F1000 web sites, PubMed can now be set up to activate F1000 linkouts for articles which have been reviewed by F1000. For example, see this sample record. Use this link to PubMed to activate the F1000 links during your search session: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?otool=umnbmlib&holding=f1000

Please take a look at www.f1000biology.com and www.f1000medicine.com from on campus, and let us know what you think. Comments can be submitted to Kevin Messner at messn006@umn.edu.

(One access caveat ­ there have been some troubles accessing our trial of F1000 through a VPN over U of M wireless. Certainly this is something that would be hammered out if we purchase the product; for now, though, you may save yourself some trouble by accessing the trial site over a hard line on campus.)

I was suggested this website by my cousin. I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my trouble. You are amazing! Thanks!

I cannot believe my eyes. This blog is loaded with ideas. I cannot wait to impliment these information.

hair highlights 2012

This is a great idea.

Maybe the dentist can collaborate with this? Recovery from Wisdom Teeth Removal

Hey there just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in your
post seem to be running off the screen in Internet explorer.
I'm not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with web browser
compatibility but I figured I'd post to let you know.
The design and style look great though! Hope you get the problem resolved soon. Thanks

all the things concerning the cheap wow gold were being things envisioned thus i got such a instant combine totally different design.

This is a topic which is near to my heart... Cheers!
Where are your contact details though?

UMN: Bio-Med Library - School of Dentistry: Faculty of 1000 Trial
apfowjxzkc
pfowjxzkc http://www.gej4kg163s3x301ef60412nhcib3s3s0s.org/
[url=http://www.gej4kg163s3x301ef60412nhcib3s3s0s.org/]upfowjxzkc[/url]

Veery descriptive post, I loved that a lot.
Willl theee be a part 2?

Woah! I'm really enjoying the template/theme of this
blog. It's simple, yet effective. A lot of times it's very hard to get that "perfect balance" between superb usability and appearance.
I must say you've done a superb job with this. In addition, the blog lloads exctremely quick for me on Chrome.
Excellent Blog!

Hello! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with us so
I came to give it a look. I'm definitely loving the
information. I'm book-marking and will be tweeting this
to my followers! Superb blog and great design.

Woah! I'm really digging the template/theme of this blog.

It's simple, yet effective. A lot of times it's hard to get that
"perfect balance" between superb usability and visual appearance.

I must say you have done a great job with this.
Additionally, the blog loads extremely quick for me on Opera.

Excellent Blog!

Thanks for the auspicious writeup. It in reality was once a enjoyment account it.
Glance complex to far added agreeable from you!
By the way, how could we eep up a correspondence?

Your style is unique compared to other folks I've read stuff from.

Thank you for posting when you have the opportunity,
Guess I will just book mark this site.

sunglass frame supplier for all Special Olympics Opening Eyes events.

Hamilton Place dispose d'un court de nourriture super, avec beaucoup de diff茅rents restaurants 脿 choisir. Tout le monde peut trouver quelque chose qu'ils aiment, de Chick Fil A 脿 chinois 脿 Sbarro. Il ya aussi un couple de s'asseoir restaurants dans le centre commercial, y compris Red Robin. Dans un demi-mile du centre commercial lui-m锚me des possibilit茅s infinies pour manger, avec de nombreux restaurants 脿 la p茅riph茅rie de stationnement du centre commercial, et vers le bas Gunbarrel Road.

Please let me know if you're looking for a article writer for your weblog.
You have some really good articles and I believe I would be
a good asset. If you ever want to take some
of the load off, I'd love to write some content for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine.
Please shoot me an e-mail if interested. Many thanks!

zpncGLfV
zpncGLfV http://www.LL3t03cL4A2542BfLntq0E.com/
[url=http://www.LL3t03cL4A2542BfLntq0E.com/]zpncGLfV[/url]