« Fascinating New Research into the Origins of Dentistry | Main | Dentistry Journals - Moving from Print to Electronic »

Faculty of 1000 Trial

The Libraries are currently conducting a trial of BioMedCentral’s "Faculty of 1000 Biology" and "Faculty of 1000 Medicine" products. These literature tools "highlight and review the most interesting papers published in the biological sciences and medicine, based on the recommendations of a faculty of well over 1000 selected leading researchers in each field." Currently 24 U of M faculty are F1000 reviewers.

The trials are available at www.f1000biology.com and www.f1000medicine.com through June 8.

Current users have found the Faculty of 1000 products useful in prioritizing their reading of the literature, particularly researchers entering interdisciplinary areas where they may be less familiar with "what’s important" in the crossover field. The products can also be a valuable tool in graduate and undergraduate education, helping to steer students towards high quality and/or novel articles for journal club presentations, class research papers, and other needs. The reviewer comments can also be helpful in demonstrating the peer review process, traditionally out of view of students and trainee scientists until they author papers.

In addition to searching for articles on the F1000 web sites, PubMed can now be set up to activate F1000 linkouts for articles which have been reviewed by F1000. For example, see this sample record. Use this link to PubMed to activate the F1000 links during your search session: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?otool=umnbmlib&holding=f1000

Please take a look at www.f1000biology.com and www.f1000medicine.com from on campus, and let us know what you think. Comments can be submitted to Kevin Messner at messn006@umn.edu.

(One access caveat ­ there have been some troubles accessing our trial of F1000 through a VPN over U of M wireless. Certainly this is something that would be hammered out if we purchase the product; for now, though, you may save yourself some trouble by accessing the trial site over a hard line on campus.)

I was suggested this website by my cousin. I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my trouble. You are amazing! Thanks!

I cannot believe my eyes. This blog is loaded with ideas. I cannot wait to impliment these information.

hair highlights 2012

This is a great idea.

Maybe the dentist can collaborate with this? Recovery from Wisdom Teeth Removal