Access to NY Times Op/Ed articles
Do you enjoy reading the op/ed features in the New York Times, but can't imagine paying extra for these articles via the Times Select subscription? You can still have access to these articles via our subscription to LexisNexis Academic. Here's the steps:
1. Go to the main libraries web site at: http:/www.lib.umn.edu/
2. At the heading called 'Indexes and Databases A-Z' click on the letter 'L'
3. Scroll down to the page and click on the link for LexisNexis Academic
4. Click on the link called 'Sources' (located on the top of the page within the black banner)
5. Type New York Times in the search box and click the Find Title buton
6. Click on the link called 'Search This Title'
7. Under the 'Step Three: Enter Search Terms" box, change the drop-down menu to Author and type in the name of your favorite NY Times Op/Ed author. (Examples: Brooks, Dowd, Friedman, Herbert, Kristof, Krugman, Rich, Tierney)
8. Click on the Search button