From the GMR: Job: Education and Outreach Librarian, Iowa
Education and Outreach Librarian
For more information, please review the complete job announcement:
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Technology and Outreach, the Education and Outreach Librarian plans, promotes and provides information services that support the needs of residents of the State of Iowa and faculty, researchers, staff and students of the five health colleges and affiliated hospital.
* As liaison to academic and clinical units, cultivates relationships with faculty and researchers to identify opportunities for library partnerships with education and health care programs;
* Develops and teaches tailored library education sessions. Coordinates education services for liaison units and community outreach programs. Works with faculty to integrate library education into the curriculum;
* In support of research and education, assists patrons with research and information management tools and skills through individual and small group consultations. Coordinates consultation services for liaison units and
community outreach programs;
* Partners with other librarians to market library services and promote increased awareness of scholarly communication issues on the health campus;
* Provides information and circulation services at the public service desk in-person and via telephone, email and instant messenger;
* Investigates new technologies and works with others to develop and revise programs to respond to the changing information needs of members of the health campus;
* Works with other Hardin Library staff members on public services projects for the health campus and health professionals and consumers in the State of Iowa. Visits off-campus sites as needed (must have valid driver's license);
* Serves on Hardin Library, University Libraries, health colleges, university and hospital committees and working groups;
* Contributes to and learns from the profession through such avenues as local, state and national professional organizations and publications.
Appointment will be made at the Librarian I level with a salary range of $41,000 to $44,000.
Chris Shaffer, MS, AHIP, Assistant Director, Technology and Outreach
Hardin Library for the Health Sciences, University of Iowa