MLA webcast - GMR Sponsorship Available
Hello HSLM members - as you may have seen, the GMR will sponsor up to two sites in Minnesota for the March 5th MLA Webcast on Web 2.0 Principles and Best Practices. Because HSLM just hosted a day-long seminar on Web 2.0 technologies in September, no one the HSLM Board was planning to sponsor a site in the Twin Cities. Doreen Roberts in Duluth is planning to request sponsorship for the webcast at St. Luke's Hospital, so there is still sponsorship of one site available. The deadline to apply is February 15th.
If you're interested in hosting a viewing of the webcast at your site and would like to request sponsorship from the GMR, instructions are in the extended entry. It would probably be a good idea to send an email to the HSLM listserv if you're planning to apply, so that if there's interest from more than one site we can be strategic about where we hold the webcast.
The GMR will again sponsor a number of MLA Webcast sites throughout the region.
Information on NN/LM-GMR Sponsorship of the March 5, 2008, MLA webcast sites for: Web 2.0 Principles and Best Practices: Discovering the Participatory Web is available at: http://nnlm.gov/gmr/funding/mlawebcast.html and is included below.
The GMR will be sponsoring the registration costs for up to two sites per state in the region for this webcast. You can find more information on this event by visiting http://www.mlanet.org/education/distance_ed/web2.0/
Because of the limited number of sites we can sponsor, we encourage you to work with your state and local health science librarian groups to identify centralized locations.
To submit your request to be a sponsored site:
1. A pdf version of the registration form may be found at http://www.mlanet.org/education/distance_ed/web2.0/web2.0_site_reg.pdf
2. Complete the form, but do not include purchase order or credit card information; no payment is required.
3. Do not send the form to MLA. Instead, fax the completed form to Nelly Cruz, GMR Information Service Supervisor:
4. IMPORTANT: Along with your fax, please describe how many attendees you expect to draw at your location and how you plan to promote this webcast to those in your area. You may write this information on the form, a cover sheet or include it in the email.
5. After faxing the registration, please email Holly Burt at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know it is on the way and to verify your email address. If there additional contacts for your webcast site (e.g. a co-coordinator), please include their email address(es) in your message. Finally, if the site location differs from the sponsoring institution, note how your information should be listed on our webpage (see GMR Sponsored Webcast Sites at http://nnlm.gov/gmr/funding/mlawebcastsites.html).
6. The deadline to submit registration and information to the GMR is Friday, February 15, 2008.
For more information, call 1-800-338-7657 and press one (1) for the Regional Network Office or in the Chicago metro area 312-996-2464 or email email@example.com.
Selection Process: Site selection will be based on geographical location, accessibility, and potential number of attendees. Up to two (2) sites per state will be funded. Selections will be made by Wednesday, February 20,
2008, and all submitters will be informed of the GMR's decisions. Please note that the GMR will be covering the costs for Site Participation only, not Individual Participation.
Site coordinators will receive one (1) activity point applicable to their Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP) membership.
If you have any questions, please contact Holly Ann Burt, Outreach and Exhibits Coordinator at 1-800-338-7657 and press one (1) for the Regional Network Office or in the Chicago metro area 312-996-2464.
Holly Ann Burt, MLIS
Outreach and Exhibits Coordinator
NN/LM-Greater Midwest Region
1750 W. Polk St. M/C 763
Chicago, IL 60612-4330
phone: 800-338-7657 (in the Region) or 312-996-2464